rdp chemical-Composition and classification of dispersible polymer powder
Redispersible latex powder has extremely outstanding bonding strength, improves the flexibility of the mortar and has a longer open time, gives the mortar excellent alkali resistance, and improves the adhesion/adhesion, flexural strength and waterproofness of the mortar. In addition to plasticity, wear resistance and construction, it has stronger flexibility in flexible anti-crack mortar.
1. Composition of redispersible latex powder:
Dispersible polymer powder is usually white powder, but a few have other colors. Its ingredients include:
Polymer resin: It is located in the core part of the rubber powder particles, and it is also the main component of the redispersible polymer powder.
Additive (internal): together with the resin, it plays the role of modifying the resin.
Additives (external): In order to further expand the performance of the redispersible polymer powder, another material is added.
Anti-caking agent: fine mineral filler, mainly used to prevent the rubber powder from caking during storage and transportation and to facilitate the flow of rubber powder (dumped from paper bags or tankers)
2. The main redispersible latex powders currently used in the market are:
1. Terpolymer rubber powder of vinyl acetate, ethylene and higher fatty acid vinyl ester (Vac/E/VeoVa)
2. Terpolymer rubber powder of ethylene, vinyl chloride and vinyl silicate (E/Vc/VL)
3. Vinyl acetate and higher fatty acid vinyl ester copolymer powder (Vac/VeoVa)
4. Vinyl acetate and ethylene copolymer rubber powder (Vac/E)
5. Acrylate and styrene copolymer powder (A/S)
6. Vinyl acetate and acrylate and higher fatty acid vinyl ester ternary copolymer rubber powder (Vac/A/VeoVa)
7. Vinyl acetate homopolymer powder (PVac)
8. Styrene and butadiene copolymer powder (SBR)